What is Long Term Rehab?
Long term drug rehab, usually sought after initial rehabilitation has failed, is an inpatient treatment program for those in which 30 days of treatment is not enough. Remaining on the path of sobriety can be challenging and many find themselves relapsing after their first rehab stay. Depending on what the person is addicted to and how long they have been using is a significant factor on how extensive the treatment has to be. Long term drug rehabilitation can last anywhere from three months to two years depending on the case. It provides clients with a controlled environment with structure that helps them overcome their addiction. Long term rehabilitation treatment includes therapy, group meetings and activities along with medical assistance if needed.
Finding Free Drug Rehab Programs
Any form of rehab, whether it is long term or not can be quite pricey. Finding free drug rehab programs can be a challenge but it can be down with the help of your primary doctor. The first thing you have to do is consult with your doctor to discuss your addiction. During this discussion, your doctor can inform you about the steps you can take to overcome your addiction. Most likely, their recommendation will be a drug rehabilitation program. Once you talk to your doctor, contact your health insurance provider to learn what your plan does and does not cover. Once you weigh your options search for a free drug rehab center near you that meets your needs.
Benefits of Free Long Term Drug Rehab
There are several benefits of receiving long-term drug rehab for an addiction. Some of the benefits include:
- The length of the program
- Long term rehabilitation gives addicts a chance to overcome all of their problems and recover at their own pace.
- Opportunity to detoxify completely
- Comfortable return to their everyday life
- Entering your normal life, drug free, can be a challenge for some. Long term drug rehab can make this crucial step a lot easier.
- Higher chance of a complete recovery
- Medical supervision
- During the detox stage, medical attention is sometimes needed. This occurs when ones body becomes completely dependent on a substance.
- Overall, free long term drug rehab is available for those facing the challenges of fighting an addiction. This extended rehabilitation program allows those seeking help to have the opportunity to be a success story and be able to start a new life, drug free. Free drug rehab is out there. You just have to know where to find it.