Affordable Drug Rehab
While many drug rehab programs tend to have rather significant costs associated with them there are options available to those who do not have significant funds to pay for their addiction treatment. Affordable drug rehab programs provide patients with the necessary treatment, counseling and care to recover from addiction without throwing in all the bells and whistles that are often found in private drug rehab programs or luxury rehab. For those who are simply looking for a budget friendly treatment facility that can help them to help themselves, affordable drug rehab is the best bet.
There are many different factors that can make a drug rehabilitation program more affordable, and of course what is affordable to one person may not be so to the next. That’s why it’s important to consider what you want most out of treatment, what your budget is and where you can cut corners from the start. This will help you to find affordable drug rehab that’s going to be most effective and helpful for your individual situation.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Affordable Rehab
There are some things that you just shouldn’t go without when it comes to addiction treatment. For instance, while you may be able to cut corners and cost when it comes to the type of “extra” benefits that are provided with treatment such as spa services, alternative treatments and luxury accommodations, you can’t really afford to cut corners on things like medical care, counseling and therapy. Here are a few factors to consider when you are looking for affordable drug rehab:
- Detox should always be medical supervised but there is not always a need for inpatient detox. For those with minor physical dependence, inpatient detox is probably not necessary and by opting to detox on an outpatient basis you can save a lot of money.
- Inpatient rehab is not for everyone! If you have a strong support system at home, you can attend regular outpatient counseling, and you are not addicted to a highly physically addictive drug then there’s a good chance that you could opt for outpatient rehab and save a lot of money.
- Medications can rack up the costs of rehab rather quickly so if you can reduce the need for medications while in treatment, by using alternative treatments or natural methods for certain ailments or health conditions then you can greatly reduce the cost of treatment.
- The length of the rehab program will greatly increase (or reduce) the cost of treatment depending on how long (or how short) the program is but this doesn’t mean you should opt for the shortest treatment program you can find. Research shows that addiction rehab programs should be at least 90 days in order to provide the patient with the greatest chance of a successful recovery, therefore you should opt for a rehab program that is at least 90 days long.
- Counseling, Counseling, Counseling! You should not cut corners or cost when it comes to the type of treatment and counseling that you receive. After drug detox, counseling is everything when you are in rehab and it’s important that you get the right type of counseling for your needs. Make sure that the one place you don’t slack is when you are with your counselor. Make the most out of every minute you spend in counseling to get the most bang for the buck.